- To provide quality service to our Japanese clients, SMTBUSA has a number of Japanese/English Bilingual professionals and strives to further improve such services to Japanese institutional investors.
- In particular, as for corporate actions which often involve complicated and difficult cases, Japanese translations of Corporate Action Notification Letter are presented on top of English explanations.
- Additionally, we provide market profiles in Japanese covering over 80 markets worldwide.
* These services require separate applications. For more information, please click here.
Web-based Reporting Services
- Through our Web Site, registered clients have continuous access to basic reports.
- Our Web Site reporting services are provided under strict security control. Our clients, if they prefer, can allow their authorized parties, including investment managers, access to the reports through our Web Site. Reports available on our Site are as follows:
* A separate contract is necessary for use of these services. For details, please Contact us.
Direct Trading Instructions from Third Parties/Direct Reporting
- If requested by a client, SMTBUSA will accept direct trading instructions from third parties designated by the client, such as investment managers (including overseas), and provides clients and the investment managers with custody reports of these direct instructions.
* A separate application is required for use of this service. For more information, please Contact us.
Global Proxy Voting
- For most global markets, SMTBUSA can provide proxy information including the annual shareholders meeting notices and agendas, and can accept proxy voting instructions. If our clients have used proxy vendors for voting advisory services, we provide asset statements to such vendors with clients' permission.
* For use of this service, registration is required. For more information, please Contact us
Class Action Support
- SMTBUSA can support clients whose shareholdings entitle them to participate in class action litigation by Providing the transaction history, Preparing the filing documentation, and Receiving settlement payment on behalf of our clients. From the initial filing to the conclusion of the lawsuit, we keep our clients informed of the status and progress and we make every effort to answer all questions.
* For use of this service, please Contact us.
- If requested by a client, SMTBUSA can provide contractual settlement in 33 markets. Such markets include the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Poland, China(B-share market in Shanghai and Shenzhen), Mexico, Israel, Turkey, Hungary, South Africa, Czech Republic, Thailand and Euroclear(*).
- (*) For Euroclear, the following 21 currencies are applied.: USD, EUR, GBP, CHF, CAD, DKK, SEK, NOK, AUD, NZD, HKD, SGD, PLN, TRY, MXN, ILS, HUF, ZAR, CZK, THB and JPY.
* For details, please Contact us.
- SMTBUSA provides interest services using idle funds in the custody account. In the United States domestic market, idle funds are swept to an off-shore market for this service. Interest is usually calculated on a monthly basis and credited on the predetermined date.
- (Eligible Currency) USD, EUR, AUD, GBP, CAD, DKK, SEK, NZD, NOK, SGD, CHF, HKD, CZK, HUF, IDR, PHP, PLN, MYR, MXN, TRY, ZAR
* This service requires separate contracts. For more information please Contact us.